9:00 – 18:00(april-october)
9:00 – 17:30(november-march)
Closed on: Tuesday 9:00 – 12:00
The visitors access is interrupt 30 minutes before the end of working time.
Address: Veliko Tarnovo, 1 Saedinenie Sq
Getting here: The following buses stop near the Museum20,40,50,110(the stop is in front of “Tsarevets”)
The development of the Christian art during the period of Ottoman domination is presented in the east part of the first floor. The point is on the impressive collection of icons: works from the middle of the XVI th c., painted by artists of the School of Arts in Tryavna, icons-primitives and icons of the first academic educated artists – Stanislav Dospevski and Nikolay Pavlovich. The achievements of wood – carving masters could be seen also.
In the west part of the hall is presented the economic development of Tarnovo and the region in the period of the Renaissance. Various objects of the goldsmith’s , pottery, blacksmith’s , leather-making etc. are shown. We can see also the links of the home and the foreign trade of the local merchants as well as the beginning of the factory production. Photos and models of public and residential buildings are placed too. The accent is on the monuments built by the known Revival muster Kolyo Ficheto.
On the second story there is an exposition of documents and objects which trace out the participation of the people of the area of Veliko Tarnovo in the struggles for liberation during the time of the Ottoman domination. Some exponents of famous Bulgarian revolutionaries could be seen there. A separate hall is dedicated to the fight for independent Bulgarian church.
On the third floor is restored the hall of the Constituent Assembly. This is the place where the First Bulgarian Constitution was worked out and signed in 1879.
|Two-day individual ticket – includes 10 museum objects|
|Two-day family ticket (up to 3 children allowed) – includes10 museum objects|